First, let me just say that one of my favorite indulgences this winter is Hot Cocoa w/Peppermint Schnapps. As I sit here on a crazy windy and chilly Monday evening, I find it the perfect complement to cozying up for a night of talking to my blogger buddies. Anywhoo, on to the point of tonight's ramblings!
- LL Cool J's beginning prayer and remark that "This night is about something truly universal and healing. Music."
- Bruno Mars' performance
- Cosmopolitan commercial w/Bohemian Rhapsody
- Foo Fighters rocked so hard. I swear that is my theme song this year.
- Maroon 5/Foster the People/Beach Boys Reunion. Pretty much had me grinning the entire time.
- Taylor Swift. I know a lot of people don't agree but I find her refreshing and love watching her perform.
- Duh, the tribute to Glenn Campbell
- And I swear I almost fainted when Sir Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Dave Grohl and Jeff Beck brought the house down with a guitar battle.
- Don't think I forgot, the queen of the evening ADELE. She is going to continue to take over the world!
- Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson duet. I don't know Jason Aldean's music all that well but he seemed to have a great voice and Kelly Clarkson is my girl. But it just didn't work and the mic issues only made it worse.
- Nikki Minaj. I am all for a crazy show and pushing boundaries. I wasn't offended as a lapsed Catholic but I was offended as a music lover. It felt like a blatant and poorly executed ripoff of several women who have come before her.
- Almost fell asleep listening to Fergie and Mark Anthony present their award. Yawn!
Can you believe I only really had two yucks?! Overall the evening was a nice way to end the weekend.
Hope your week rocks!